Friday, February 22, 2008

Moonlight

As I sit here, the salty wind brushes my cheeks
My feet sinking into the cold unforgiving sand
The soft crushing of the ocean waves comforts me
I look up to see the burning fire in the endless sky
I watch as the light fades into a dim glow
The sun says goodbye to a moon that it will never see
I see that the moon shines in the sky, so lonely
Waiting patiently for the sun, comforted by the stars
But the sun will never come for the moon
Always just a second too late, always as the moon disappears
A sun that can only see the beauty of day,
The laughter of children, the happiness of the life that abounds,
Never the quiet melancholy sadness of the night
When all of the world has gone to sleep
When the dreams are the only life that abounds
The sun will never see how the moon waits,
So lonely, only comforted by the stars.

No comments: