Sunday, March 30, 2008

Faith

Sometimes I find it amazing how negative people can be about things and situations, I know that I can fall into this trap as well, but I always do my best to get out of it. I think that a lot of times people seem to be unable to see that in everything that we experience there is something to be taken away from it. I really believe that everything happens for a reason and that there is always some reason behind it. Everything teaches us a lesson and it is what we make of that lesson that molds us into the people we are.

Everything, good and bad that happens to us will teach us something and sometimes the worst things that can happen to you are absolute blessings in disguise. You don't know it until it you see it from a less biased perspective. I know from my experiences that this has generally been true. It's easy to see that something gained is always a beneficial experience, but many people overlook that losses are also gains in disguise. Losses teach you the meaning of life, they teach what you've been doing wrong, they teach you how to appreciate what they have. They are essential to being able to enjoy life and live it happily.

Sometimes though, it's just too easy to get caught up in the moment. Too easy to fall into being unhappy.

I believe that life is a balance, like a scale. So when things get rough, I know that things happen for a reason and that since life is a balance, there is always something good to offset the bad.

For whoever is reading this, I hope that they think about this when they are consumed by the green eyed monster or maybe just the blues. What you're seeing is just the shell, you have no idea what other things may lie beyond your perception.

Appreciate your life for what it is, for what it is in it, who is in it and why it is the way it is. I think sometimes we overlook what we have, what we have been gifted with and fall too much into pining for what we don't have.

If you appreciate life for what it is, you might just realize that you have so much more than you ever thought you did.

No comments: